care for your
Pieces of jewelry are often marks of fond remembrances from happy times. They, just like your love for the memories, require to be cherished and held onto. To ensure your sterling silver Y Jewelry stays precious and shining as ever, here are certain care tips you can adhere to.
To enjoy your precious and beautiful Y Jewelry for a longer time, these simple care directions will help:
- Avoid wearing them to bed, while going for a bath, or performing domestic chores such as cleaning, gardening, washing, etc. Make sure you remove your jewelry before you go swimming as the chlorinated water can heavily damage them.
- Skin and hair products such as body lotions, perfumes and creams, and other harsh chemicals such as those from hairsprays, body deos etc. can react adversely with Y Jewelry causing precious metals to tarnish and/or erode. It is advisable to apply any cosmetic products prior to putting on jewelry.
- You can refresh the shine of your jewelry piece by polishing the item with a silver/gold cleaning cloth, each time before storing it.
- Avoid exposing jewelry to harsh climatic conditions and do not store them in a damp place.
As and when your Y Jewelry starts looking dull, you may want to clean it thoroughly. To do that, immerse the jewelry for approximately 10 seconds in normal water and a mild cleaning detergent. Then, rinse the pieces thoroughly under hot water and rub dry using a cloth or a hairdryer.
- Oxidised items of jewelry should not be cleaned using a silver dipping bath or polished with a silver cloth as these may remove or wear off the oxidation.
- Items of jewelry with imitation pearls, crystals, synthetic stones and mother of pearl are not suitable for cleaning in a silver dipping bath either.
- Only the silver parts of the jewelry should be cleaned using a silver cloth. Thread and leather cords must not be placed in a silver dipping bath or cleaned using an ultrasound device.
- Soap, crème and make-up residues can be removed using an ultrasound device, keeping in mind that it should not contain aggressive cleaning agents.
Traces of Wear and Tear
All Y Jewelry silver pieces are crafted using 925 Sterling Silver and Gold pieces are plated using 18-carat yellow or rose gold.
Please note that traces of wear and tear (e.g. scratches) are more visible on items which have larger polished silver or gold surfaces. These can occur even after a short time.
External influences like scratches and tarnishing are normal signs of wear and tear and are not faults in the material.re them in a damp place.
Coloured enamel parts of Y Jewelry are hand-painted to highlight and enhance decorative details. Such details are resistant to water but may be damaged by corrosive substances.
The pieces detailed using enamel should be regarded as fragile material as a violent blow may cause the enamel to crack and the colour to be disturbed. Do take extra caution while wearing enamel jewelry.
Y Jewelry uses a wide variety of synthetic stones like Swarovski crystals, Preciosa crystals as well as Cubic Zirconia and we are very particular while selecting our stones. Our Cubic Zirconia is of the highest quality standard, up to 5A grade.
The intricacy of the jewelry does not compromise on the durability- we hand-set the crystals in the Silver or for very small, delicate crystals, we glue them. A slight colour variation may occur over a period of time. This is due to the natural characteristics of individual stones and are not to be considered as imperfections.
At Y, knowing how to work with Silver, Gold, and Crystals to bring out the most beautiful jewelry for you, is a passion from the heart.
We take utmost care to ensure that your Y Jewelry is stored carefully and reaches you without any damage. We also add a small piece of moisture absorbent paper with each charm to avoid oxidation.
Once you receive your Y Jewelry, we recommend that you store it in a clean, dry place away from direct sun exposure. Please avoid storing your Y Jewelry in damp and hot conditions as this can cause silver and gold plating to discolour and tarnish.